1. HAVE THE INSTRUMENTS RECEIVED ANY ACCREDITATIONS?
CemTest - Results are comparable to EN BS 196-1 standards.
ConcTest - Results are comparable to EN BS 12390-3 standards.
2. ARE YOUR INSTRUMENTS CE MARKED?
Yes, Manufactured in the United Kingdom, CE marked.
3. WHAT STANDARDS DO THE INSTRUMENTS MEET?
CemTest - Certificates: Basic safety assessment EN 61326-1 :2013; EMC - Electromagnetic conformity EN 61326-1 :2013.
ConcTest - in addition to the above, IP 65 water and dust ingress EN 60529: 1992+A2: 2013, Freefall Drop Test EN 60068-2-31: 2008, ISO 9001.
4. ARE TESTS CARRIED OUT THROUGH A MOVING STREAM OF CONCRETE?:
ConcTest - No - It requires only 6 grammes of cement powder for cement test and 24 grammes of freshly mixed concrete sample to test concrete.
CemTest - No - It requires only 15 grammes of cement powder sample for the test.
5. HOW DO THE INSTRUMENTS COMPARE TO WHAT IS REQUIRED FOR A TRADITIONAL SLUMP TEST?
A slump test needs to be done on-site as standard, as it is one of the parameters needed for the ConcTest for testing freshly mixed concrete.
6. WHAT IS THE WARRANTY PERIOD? IS IT MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY OR A WARRANTY WHICH IS GIVEN BY A DISTRIBUTOR?
All our instruments come with a manufacturer's 1-year warranty.
7. HAVE THE INSTRUMENTS GIVEN TEST RESULTS WHICH ARE COMPARABLE WITH THE TRADITIONAL CUBE OR PRISM TESTS?
Yes, Cement and Concrete test results are comparable with standard sample test results. Please go to our downloads or events page to view the test results and case studies.
8. IS THERE ANY PARTICULAR CEMENT WHICH THE INSTRUMENTS HAVE BEEN SET TO OR CAN IT BE RESET FOR VARIOUS TYPES?
Currently, the range of testing cements are Portland cements CEM I CEM II (According to BS EN 197 - 1 Cement classification) and Sulphate resistant cement.
9. CAN THE INSTRUMENTS ESTABLISH DIFFERENT ADDITIVES WHICH HAVE BEEN ADDED? IF YES CAN DIFFERENT ADDITIVE TESTS BE CARRIED AS AND WHEN NEW TYPES OF ADDITIVES ARE DEVELOPED?
The user has to enter the impact value of additive that is used;
Cement mineral additive standards are defined in EN BS 197 - 1 classification and do not expect to be changed.
The ConcTest instrument has not been designed to define the chemical admixtures that have been used.
However, depending on the plasticisers or water reducer types, concentration level and amount (%) used, its impact has to be measured on
1 to 30 scale and manually entering the guide examples are set in the user manual.
10. WHAT RANGE OF CONCRETE IS THE CONCTEST DESIGNED TO TEST?
ConcTest is designed to test ordinary heavy concrete for building and construction purposes according to EN BS classification.
11. ARE INSTRUMENTS AVAILABLE IN DIFFERENT LANGUAGES?
Version 1 instruments are English only.
12. HOW OFTEN IS RECALIBRATION NEEDED? WHERE WILL THIS BE DONE, TO WHAT STANDARD, AND WILL WHOEVER CARRIED OUT THE RE-CALIBRATION GIVE A CERTIFICATE TO QUANTIFY THIS?
All instruments and measuring probes are precalibrated prior to shipment. The instrument does not need to be recalibrated after purchase. If a replacement probe is ordered, this does not need to be recalibrated and can be plugged straight in.
13. ARE SPARE PARTS READILY AVAILABLE?
Spare parts are available, the major part that will need replacing is the measuring probe. We recommend that the probe is replaced after 12 months of use. Please contact us at email@example.com to request any spare parts.
14. WILL THERE BE SOFTWARE UPDATES FOR THE INSTRUMENTS? HOW WILL I KNOW WHEN AN UPDATE IS AVAILABLE? HOW ARE THE UPDATES PERFORMED?
Yes - We will post updates to our social media channels and website when software updates are available.
Once a software update is available please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get information on the latest updates.
15. DOES THE INSTRUMENT HAVE A DATA LOGGING ABILITY? CAN IT BE DOWNLOADED? IF SO WILL IT BE VIA A USB CONNECTION?
Yes, data logging up to 100 results in CemTest instrument, via a USB connection.
ConcTest data logging up to 250 Cement and 250 Concrete results via USB connection via an adapter cable.
16. WHAT IS THE IP RATING FOR DUST AND MOISTURE?
There is no IP rating for the CemTest as it is designed to be used in laboratory conditions.
ConcTest is IP65 rated.
17. WHAT IS THE EXPECTED LIFE SPAN FOR YOUR INSTRUMENTS?
We envisage at least a 3-5 year lifespan, which is dependent on how the instrument is used with a proper charging regime. We recommend that the measuring probe is replaced after 12 months of use; this would be the only part of the CemTest/ConcTest testing kit that is replaceable.
18. CAN THE INSTRUMENTS OPERATE IN ALL TEMPERATURES IE -20°C & UP TO +55°C AND HAVE TESTS BEEN DONE IN THESE CONDITIONS?
The instrument can operate from +5°C to +40°C.
However, the solution measured by the instrument should be approximately +20°C.
19. WHEN TESTING EITHER A CEMENT OR CONCRETE SAMPLE, WHAT TEMPERATURE SHOULD THE DEIONISED WATER BE?
Mix sample temperature (water/cement or water/concrete) should be close to +20°C for best results.